Tuesday, February 23, 2010

ffmpeg and Android.mk

I spent several days trying to compile ffmpeg on android-ndk1.5. Just want to share to others. Hopefully, it can save you some time.


First, I get the source code from http://gitorious.org/~olvaffe/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-android. I will need to use its *.mk files.


Get the ffmpeg source code from http://ffmpeg.org/download.html. I used svn, instead of git, so that I won’t need to get libswscale separately.


configure my ffmpeg with following cmd.



./configure –target-os=linux \

–arch=armv41 \

–enable-cross-compile \

–cc=$PREBUILT/bin/arm-eabi-gcc \

–cross-prefix=$PREBUILT/bin/arm-eabi- \

–nm=$PREBUILT/bin/arm-eabi-nm \

–extra-cflags=”-fPIC -DANDROID ” \

–enable-static \

–disable-shared \

–disable-asm \

–disable-yasm \

–prefix=/home/myhome/work/ffmpeg-android-bin \

–extra-ldflags=”-Wl,-T,$PREBUILT/arm-eabi/lib/ldscripts/armelf.x -Wl,-rpath-link=/home/myhome/android-ndk/build/platforms/android-1.5/arch-arm/usr/lib -L/home/myhome/android-ndk/build/platforms/android-1.5/arch-arm/usr/lib -nostdlib /home/myhome/android-ndk/build/prebuilt/linux-x86/arm-eabi-4.2.1/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.2.1/crtbegin.o /home/myhome/android-ndk/build/prebuilt/linux-x86/arm-eabi-4.2.1/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.2.1/crtend.o -lc -lm -ldl”

** I referenced this one at http://blog.csdn.net/anakiagmail/archive/2009/08/14/4446986.aspx ** If you don’t understand chinese, I’ll show you what it describe in following steps.


By now, configure should be passed successfully. Copy *.mk from olvaffe’s ffmpeg source tree to your ffmpeg-original source tree. There should be a Android.mk, av.mk under ffmpeg root dir. And, Android.mk under each libavcodec, libavutil, libavformat, libpostproc, libswscale dirs. If you don’t have Android.mk under libswscale/libpostproc, just copy one from libavutil. I don’t use libavdevice, so I just ignore it. Then, comment out all config.mak & subdir.mak in */Makefile.


cd to your NDK root dir, type make TARGET_ARCH=arm APP=ffmpeg-org


you should have a lot of compilation errors. That’s okay. I’ll show you how to fix them.

* edit libavutil/internal.h, comment out all error func(s).

* comment out all “restrict” keyword related “restrict” errors. They should in libavcodec/dsputil.h, libavformat/rtpenc_h263.c, libavcodec/dnxhdenc.c,

libavcodec/dsputil.c, libavcodec/ituh263dec.c, libavcodec/mpegvideo.c.

Try make again, and here we go. Those static *.a files are now in your NDK_ROOT/out/apps/ffmpeg-org/android-1.5-arm/.

[Via http://slworkthings.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment