Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The New Android Market

It took me a little time to figure out how to do screenshots, but I wanted to share some of the new Android Market that comes with Donut.  I loaded the new software to my phone thanks to Cyanongen’s new experimental mod.  I don’t know if I would reccomend the mod just yet.  I haven’t played around with it too much yet but it has crashed on me a couple of times, so for now I would stick with his stable mods if you’re doing that sort of thing.

The market is a much nicer improvement over the old one.  It’s a lot easier on the eyes and from what I’ve seen so far, the annoying search bug seems to be fixed.  Also, apps are separated by “Apps” or “Games” and once you are inside a category below that, you can filter by “Top paid”, “Top free”, and “Just in”. One other thing I like is that you can always go right back to the market home by touching the logo at the top left of the screen. Anyone out there getting the mod, hope you enjoy it.

Now for the screenshots:



No comments:

Post a Comment